Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm Happy, Sew Happy!

Debby and Ian got home last night. It's great having them back. It was very quiet here without them. I really missed them.
We survived Friday night's storms. Spent some time in the basement. When the weatherman says, "If you're in Johns Creek, go to your basement and take cover imme
diately", if you're smart, that's exactly what you do. We had the usual - lightning, thunder, hail, wind and heavy rain. Bob seldom goes to the basement during tornado watches or even warnings, but he decided it was the prudent thing to do. His wanting to "take cover downstairs" made me more nervous than the storm!
Here's a couple more of my favorite old family photos. Debby and Bob are engaged in a favorite Roseman past time - photography. Bob and I were in the San Diego desert photographing the magnificent spring flowers. Debby was only four, but was at our maid's daughter's house on Terceira, Azores back









in the sixties. Of
course, I am the unseen photographer who was photographing the photographers. The black and white photo is of Bob as a baby and his mom. He was adorable and his mom was so pretty. Debby looked a lot like Bob when she was a baby. I'm having so much fun looking at all the old photos.
I had a wonderful surprise today! Bob bought me the top of the line sewing/embroidery machine this morning. I certainly didn't expect to get this very early birthday/anniversary present. The store had a great deal going and of course, we couldn't pass it up. I am so happy. I know Bob will be asking for new golf clubs soon. I've said for years, there's always a guilt factor built in!
I've been trying to clear some space for the new machine. I've got to get some bins to
throw stuff into, so there's room for the new huge sewing machine. In case you're interested here's the link - http://www.babylock.com/sewing/ellisimo/
Can't wait to get the machine out of the box. I never expected this model, but it was just a little more than the next one down was in January. After seeing this one demonstrated, it was a no brainer!

I can have two machines embroidering at once and be serging on my serger at the same time. I doubt if that will really happen, but I can dream. I have a sewing class next month to learn how to use the new machine. Played with it some at the store today and it's absolutely amazing. I can hook it directly to my computer and drag the designs over that way. I think Bob will be playing with it too.
Here's some recent projects that I've done. I
love the quill and scroll bookmark. The heart is a magnet with one of my favorite sayings on it. It's something we should all try to do every day. Bob certainly did a big one today! I never expected to get a sewing machine today and definitely not this one!
Take care everybody and have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment