Tuesday, June 16, 2009

50 Years and 14 Days!

Our Golden Anniversary has come and gone. My next big day is my 70th birthday.
Between now and then
we have Father's Day, Robyn and Alvin's third anniversary, three birthdays, 4th of July, Labor Day and then Halloween, my birthday. I probably have missed something, but I'll count that as a senior moment.

Wh
ile in Texas I broke my foot, didn't go to the doctor thinking that it was probably a sprain. Walked around on it for five days. During that time we drove 16 hours home from Katy, TX and I drove about six of those hours. Thank goodness, it was my left foot, so I could drive. Broke it by catching my sandal on the edge of a tile that was on Robyn's unfinished kitchen floor. Hit my head, hands, knees and both feet. Not a pretty site! Tank, the bulldog got on top of me and started licking me. Must have been his way of soothing me! I think I knew right away it was broken, but kept hoping it was sprained. Saw the orthopedist when we got home. It's broken in two places. I have to wear a walking boot with a rocker bottom. It weights a ton. Have to wear it for 6 to 8 weeks. No water aerobics for 4 months. He said it would take about a year to completely heal since it was a major fracture. Oh well, at least I didn't break my head!

Robyn's new house is gorgeous and one story. The kitchen is gutted now, but when it's finished it will be spectacular. They have repainted the entire house and replaced all the flooring with traventine marble tile and dark wood. They are on the 17th hole of Willow Fork Country Club. Bob got to golf quite a bit while in Katy. There's a pretty little "lake" on the course behind Robyn's house.


Our grandson Brandon graduated from high school and is headed for the Universary of Southern California this fall. I missed the ceremony because that was the day I fell. There were nearly 700 graduating and there was no way I could have gone. We now have an 8th grader, a high school freshman and a college freshman.

Here are some pics of my sewing projects. First a pocket tissue holder I made for myself.The baby pillow is for a colleague of Deb's. The remainder are greeting cards.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to wish you a very happy anniversaryyyyyyyyyy take care Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the designs of the Tweets from Emblibrary. I have collected many of them. I like the way you have used them. I had thought about making some hangings of them for my sewing room.
    Beckie from Ponderings

    ReplyDelete